Wednesday, November 9, 2011

OK I know I just complained about big cities and knew that SLC was going to be bad....and yes it was self-inflicted since I could have gone around it in the Nevada, but damn where are all these people going and why are they going at it so fast.  And I had done most of it perviously, so knew it would be bad.  Most of the route was in the middle of construction, and the posted speed limit was 55, it anyone (other than me) was doing less than 75 I would be very surprised....even the trucks.  I think SLC can give DFW, SEA,  and DC a run for the money as the longest and worst single road through a city.  Now dont confuse that as the worst city traffic, Houston still owns that one in my book (not counting the obvious ones or NYC, CHI and LA).....do you think I have driven way too much????

But this was the first time I had ever been on the road between Las Vegas and SLC. Wow, was it worth it, as you can see in the pics in the previous post. Although they dont do it justice, the pass that you have to go through ranks right up there as one of the best roads I have done in the US. Amazing that you are driving along this mountain chain/ridgeline and then all of a sudden this small opening is there and the road goes right into it and through the pass.

And no, as Jen has chided me for, there have been no Masshole sitings.  So I do not take that as they having stopped following me.  I take it as I have lost them by my change of plans and they will catch back up with me back in the Seattle area where they know I live.  :o (mark my words for the next masshole siting)

No comments:

Post a Comment